Sonntag, 1. Januar 2012

WHAT? (NDAA for fiscal year 2012)

I just learned about this, and I'm not yet well informed, but this sounds very, very wrong to me.

Apparently, Obama signed a law yesterday that allows the American military to detain foreigners as well as US-citizens without trial and for as long as they want if they are suspected of terrorist actions. This means that they can arrest anyone for no reason and that they cannot be charged for it because it's legal. What?

I can't believe that a state who claims to be the "land of the free" or whatever they call themselves is passing a law of this kind. How can anyone think this is legitimate in any way? How is this any better than the countries the US tried to "liberate"?

Congratulations to the US senate and Obama. This is really intimidating and I'm very glad I'm not living in the USA.

NDAA on Wikipedia

3 Kommentare:

  1. Coming from the US, it doesn't surprise me.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ive heard about some politicians saying that cyber criminality is "an act of war", if this can be considered terrorism, then a lot of trolls may be in trouble haha...

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. beware, USA people... beware.
    you're turning into 1984 in a very fast pace. I'm hoping the consequences of this corrupt, corporation-slave government's tiranny doesn't spread to the rest of the world...

    AntwortenLöschen